Monday, February 16, 2009

Be Afraid

I've had so many people tell me I should serialize my occasional day-to-day comics that I've decided to give it a go. The title page seems like a good place to start. Hopefully my roommies won't kill me.

Introducing the Immediate Cast
ROOMMATES:
Kitana - Me, of course. Have some sort of magical pheromone that exclusively attracts hobos; they like me a lot. 100% American of mixed descent, the majority of which is Swedish, though Masumers tells me I was born in Japan and just don't know it. I get myself into a ridiculous amount of humiliating situations that I often can't help but find amusement in, despite my mortification. Which would be why you're here. Either that, or you were googling plantain diseases and this is a horrible mistake.
Masumers - Claims she's a transfer Japanese, but we know otherwise. She's secretly American and possibly also Scottish. The accent gives her away. Somewhat androgynous; is often mistaken for a boy/lesbian. Carries her camera almost everywhere, but mostly takes pictures of food. Can subsist on ramen and bread indefinitely. Sleeps face-down; I sometimes worry that one day she'll suffocate in her own pillow.
Andrea - Japanese Chinese Hawaiian. Likes swing dancing and is a guy magnet. Walking around with her guarantees at least one catcall from random passerby. Is afraid of bikes, but has no problem with leaping out of planes. Is disappointed that the Atlantic swells are pathetic for surfing. Joined Masumers' side of the ongoing apartment Samurai vs. Viking War by stealth; I am now a minority in my own country.

FRIENDS:
Jenny - My best friend and worst enemy. Is generally up for any sort of mischief I have in mind, despite having been burned for it on multiple occasions. Dearly loves the thing I hate most in the world, right before cockroaches, stepping on a wet spot in socks, and when the dictionary uses the term being defined as part of the definition: children. For some reason people tend to assume we are a couple. We are not, but get ourselves into a lot of trouble by messing with peoples' heads when they think we do not know they are looking.
Kimmi - A coworker of mine. Has figured out how to tweak my stupid and, as a result, can get me to agree to almost anything. Lands me in more compromising situations than all of my other friends combined. A take-charge kind of person and slightly bossy, but gold at heart. Has been a member of the Rocky Horror Picture Show cast for three years running. Also, she is gay.
Nicken - Engaged and will return to Indonesia to be married as soon as her school is done here. Scares easily but loves Asian horror films. Punches people in the head to say hello and spends hours on Pet Society doing everything but actually interacting with her pet. Once spent half the night on the beach with me, spelling out expletives in the air by glo-stick and long exposure camera. Managed to write FUCKU with remarkable precision.

2 comments:

  1. This is fantastic! How long have people been telling you that you should chronicle your daily adventures!? I can't wait to see more, it looks like it will be awesome. Your artistic talent never ceases to make me wish I could draw well. Looking forward to more of this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gosh, the introductions alone are hilarious. It's good to see you around again. :)

    Can't wait to see more of your daily adventures. *g*

    noreen mcalba (over from LJ, even though I haven't been commenting in you LJ for ages)

    PS: is there any chance the expletives in glow-stick picture is available? I'd love to see that. *chuckles*

    ReplyDelete